Band of sisters

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Medium vs. Medium

Well, as promised here is some knitting news. I have been working on the new project from the VK pattern, following the medium size. However, whilst it looks really good its looking a bit small, like it might not quite go around my middle. There's enough length now to measure the guage and yes, it looks like I should have used bigger needles. Of course that also means that there's enough that I don't really want to rip it back. I always say I should do a tension square but I never do.

While I decide what to do, I have gone back to the bolero, also knitted to a medium size - on the suggested needle size!! I've started sewing it up in preparation for adding the beaded trim. It is too big! The sleeves are too long and the body instead of being a cute cropped cardigan style is almost long enough to be a full cardigan, especially once the trim gets added. Such Drama!

I know this blog would be better with pictures - I finally tried my phone and software on a different computer to see if I could download the photos, but it still doesn't work. So I guess there is a problem with the phone/camera and/or software. Guess its time to check out an expert.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:09 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    hi susan! after our discussion at stitch re "wags" and other celebrities i thought i'd pass this link on in case you haven't been reading it:
    http://trent.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home