Band of sisters

Monday, April 17, 2006

more bilbies

I went to the Royal Easter Show yesterday where there some real life bilbies on display promoting the Save the Bilby fund. Here's a picture from their website showing how realistic my stuffed toy is.



While I was at the show I naturally checked out the knitting entries. Fellow SnBer Meg entered but unfortunately was not awarded a prize. First prize looked pretty good, but Meg's looked at least as good as the Highly Commended. Of course, its a bit hard to fully judge when you can't pick up and closely examine all the items.

I just checked out Rebecca's blog and she took some similar shots to me of the craft section, so to save me getting them off my phone just check out her photos. Like her, I was also eyeing off the toy section as the section in which I would consider entering the show.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Meg said…

    Thanks for your kind words about my big loser of an entry! As one of our other SnB'ers said, maybe the judges looked at it and said "No, you just can't do that in green."
    There probably won't be a next time for me though, the whole experience fell a bit flat. (of course Fiver was cheeky enough to point out that my attitude would be completely different if I had won something!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home