Band of sisters

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Edible undies

Sometimes I have to worry about my mother. She and my nanna were the ones who taught me to knit, and during the long cold Canberra winters she would knit prolifically. Now that she lives in Perth and she has more warm jumpers than she will ever need she has turned to patchworking and quilting (Again very prolific, I can always rely on a completed project as a Christmas gift). However, she still has an interest in knitting. When she came to visit last year she kept eyeing my knitting until I let her knit a few rows. She also lives vicarously by collecting all the cute English Womens Weekly's patterns for me, and by sending me internet links. Now whilst I appreciate the patterns for toys that I might one day knit , like this





















However when she sends me a link to this Knitty pattern for licorice underwear you have to wonder.

On a loosely related subject, on Friday evening, a couple of friends and I went to the Rose of Australia for a girl's night/birthday dinner. The cocktails, food and service were all great, but we particularly enjoyed the Chocolate Slut (the connection - ha ha!) dessert, with chocolate tart, Belgian icecream and other samples. We didn't like the fried Mars Bar though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home