Band of sisters

Friday, March 17, 2006

Some Knitting content


Well, since it is supposed to be at least partially a knitting blog, here is some knitting information. I am going to cheat to show a photo of a recently finished object by copying a photo from Rebecca's blog. Rebecca took this photo of me at a SnB evening. It is made from Katia Mississippi, a cotton blend, from a 'Sandra' magazine pattern.

I am currently knitting two new projects. One is a cardigan for my eldest niece. I am using a basic kids cardigan pattern but adding some flowers as border pattern. V. cute! The other is a bolero type top for myself. I have started with the body shape from the 1000 sweaters book, but as the suggested band is in boring moss stitch I have had to tart it up. It is now a beaded band with lace edging. To incorporate the same edging into the sleeves, I will use the wrist bands sideways, and pick up the main stictches along the side edge. (Thanks Meg!) I took a photo of the band to show the detail, but when I connect the camera to the computer it has a hissy fit, so that will have to be provided at a later date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home