Band of sisters

Thursday, March 16, 2006

A beginning....

Well, I have decided to start a blog. After reading so many I am jumping in and starting one of my own. The ones I read are primarily knitting and feminist blogs, where I have noticed there is a lot of overlap. The blog name incorporates these interests as well. Apart from the obvious inspiration from the phrase 'band of brothers', I am interpreting band to include the band around a ball of yarn, the bands for the wrists and waist as knitted on jumpers, etc. Sisters come from my interest in women's issues. In the past I have been involved with groups such as Women in Engineering and Women in Management. I am currently a member of Zonta, which raises money for issues affecting women. Finally the sisters influence comes from my own family; I have three younger sisters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home