Band of sisters

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Bad girl?

I need to find out the source of the quote "Good girls keep diaries, bad girl's don't have the time". Not that I have been bad, but I have been out and about doing blogworthy activities instead of writing about them. My travel journals were always the same, if I was sitting writing in the journal, then I wasn't doing something worthwhile to put in them. Although, once I tried to be better by keeping my journal on hand all the time. I have one very long-winded entry that I cannot read a word of, due partly to the motion of the London tube train, but perhaps also the several hours spent in the pub with friends. At least with the computer, handwriting shouldn't be an issue.

Anyway, this last weekend I finally made it to another SSK session. Meg who has recently moved to the local area was there, as were a couple of visitors from Wollongong, including this blogger. I also met Mary-Helen, or the Witty Knitter, as I first knew her when I came across her blog a year or two ago. It was a good group of people with lots of interesting projects and yarns. I'm still working on my niece's cardigan, but several people were interested in the variegated purple Bendigo Woollen Mills wool I am using. I have to finish the cardigan before Jessica outgrows it, but going to those meetings always makes me want to get some new yarn and needles and start something else.

I am also now thinking about a trip to Wollongong. I'd been thinking about driving down, not so much for the destination, but to try out the new SeaCliff bridge (I cannot believe that was the best name the naming competition came up with!). Its supposed to be quite spectatular. Anyway, it now appears it would be worthwhile to time a visit with an attendance at the local SnB. It sounds like they have a really good turnout, and while the more cynical may suggest that is due to the lack of other activities in Wollongong, I'm sure its just a really keen group.

PS. Just did the Google thing and source of the above quote is Tallulah Bankhead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home