Band of sisters

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Football Fever

Go Socceroos!

How good was the Australian win over Japan in the soccer World Cup! I have to admit I was a bit cynical to begin with. I had been thinking about going out to watch the game, but the hole in my gum where a wisdom tooth used to be was aching. So I popped a pain killer and tried to stay awake during the first half just watching it at home. However, by half time with Japan up one goal, I was convinced it was all over and went to bed. Of course, the news all morning was about the 3 goals in the last eight minutes.

At least I have a Socceroos flag. When the newsagent was giving them away with the paper a couple of weeks ago, he told me I was the first person to actually take one!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Meg said…

    I am sorry to gloat but I managed to stay awake for the whole game! It was awesome.
    Wisdom tooth. yuck.

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    that's surprising that you were first in - those flags are all over the place up our way.

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home