Band of sisters

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Job Hunting

Some minor progress on the job hunting front. I spoke to one company last week and was encouraged to apply for a couple of positions. The company is currently going through a growth phase so there are several opportunities available now and in the near future. I have also been playing phone tag with another lead, a result of networking from 2-3 months ago. Again, only an opportunity for a 'discussion' but at least its putting myself out there.

I went to an interview with a recruitment agency last week too. I was specifically called in to talk about a sales roles, however there was a requirement to fill in an on-line psych test beforehand. This showed that I was not cut out for sales, which is probably true, but it also showed that I should stick to the type of roles that I have been doing for years. I pointed out to the recruiter that this test was obviously wrong because I wasn't happy in those roles and really needed a change. She just felt that my resume showed that I was an exact match to the test (and thus not good for the role she was interviewing for). When she was talking about how it looked like my preference was for things to be 'right' rather than just good enough to meet financial or timing limits, I wondered if I would have been better off providing a CV with spelling errors, or even better some of my knitting. She would have soon seen lots of dodgy finishing techniques!

In other knitting news, the cardigan is in the mail, the bolero has another seam done (good example of dodgy seaming here) and the latest project as mentioned in the last blog entry has been started. I'm doing it in a lovely royal blue colour cashmere/wool/acrylic mix. Yes, I know, but the acrylic part keeps the cost down, and its still soft. The store only had a couple of colours left (the other was insipid beige) as the yarn is being discontinued.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger Meg said…

    I'll look forward to seeing this new project next week.
    Re the recruiter: Obviously having high standards of personal performance made her think you were from another planet. She's probably still in shock that the computer spat out information which a human would have the nerve to disagree with! Anyway, good luck with the phone tag!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home