Band of sisters

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Knitting Ethics

When and how should you point out to a fellow knitter there may be something about their knitting they might want to change? At our last SnB meeting we were all sharing our progress as usual. Whilst one member was getting a drink, another member admiring their work noticed that it was two different shades of black! There was a very hurried discussion about whether to tell them, whether they already had noticed and accepted it, if we did say something how to point it out politely without sounding patronising or as if we were laughing at them. In the end none of us volunteered to tell this person. Now from the hindsight of a few days, it doesn't seem like such a big deal (except it would be difficult to word it politely), but we should all be encouraging and helping each other and if there are unintentional mistakes laughing together. (Of course, this still doesn't mean I'll be volunteering to point out the colour discrepancy.)

Probable Good News! I'm almost sure I have a new job lined up. Its the one I thought in my last entry I had missed out on because they hadn't got back to me by the date they said they would. However a day or two later they rang me and scheduled a whirlwind psych test (apparently I'm not a sociopath) and 2nd round interview. I had the interview yesterday morning, and by the time I got to work at the medical centre they'd already rung the practice manager for a reference. Unfortunately I didn't have my phone with me and it wasn't until I got home after 7pm that I found a voice mail message suggesting they had good news for me. Now I have to wait to Monday to find out actual details, including specific package information and of course actual confirmation. Fingers Crossed!!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger Meg said…

    Provisional hoorays for the possible good news! I'll keep all my fingers and toes crossed for you! What a day not to bring your phone! I have been meaning to contact you to tell you that the contact I had in that industry seems to have disappered as a contact with my last hotmail address, which is now dead. Sorry!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home