Band of sisters

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Purchases

In an effort to put some knitting content to the this blog, I will mention some purchases I made at the recent stitches and craft show. Scrapbooking is the big thing at these shows, but I did buy some yarn from ecoyarns. I bought some of the soysilk, Phoenix & Oasis. This is the Oasis in the Napa Valley colour scheme.


I also bought two books that I don't really need. This one does have some spectacularly tacky items in it, such as a bead tie and a macrame giraffe (scarily similar to something I think I made once), but a few of the projects such as doilies and the sock monkey would still be acceptable now.


The second one is by perennial favourite Nicky Epstein. It has some great ideas for applique, embroidery, use of I-cords and fancy edging. When I look at it I think how good it would have been to include some of the ideas on past projects!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home