Band of sisters

Monday, June 18, 2007

Tasmania yarn related experiences

I finally made my first visit to the Apple Isle. My sister moved there about 15 months ago with her family, but I also have friends who moved there several years ago. This trip was an opportunity to catch up with those friends as well as see my sister, her two kids and my mum, who was visiting as well while my sister's husband was away. She lives in a place called Penguin, which is almost as cute as it sounds.




Although I didn't actively do much yarn related activities, wool is a big feature in Tasmania. Driving back from Hobart along what was labelled as an 'A' (primary road) this was the view from the car at one point.



On a visit to the Hobart markets I took this shot of the knitting needles:



Finally, here is shot of my niece wearing a experimental hat that I made. The blobby things are supposed to be little bunnies, but I need to stitch eyes & noses to make it a bit clearer.



1 Comments:

  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    hey i blogged that penguin too! in a a santa suit :) tassie's great.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home