Band of sisters

Saturday, May 17, 2008

I'm an aunt again

One of my sisters has had another baby, her 3rd. Now I have five nieces and nephews, but this is the first one I actually made booties for.
I found an old Patons pattern in a local shop for baby items, it originally cost 1'6, so it must be pre-1966, but other than that I don't know how old it was. In keeping with the use of an old pattern I used some yarn that I received from a friend after her mother died. It is called Bimbo yarn. Most of these old yarn claim to be Moth Proofed- I never realised this is something I should be looking for in a yarn.

Another old pattern book I bought, a book of girl's wear, comes 'with TV designs'!!! Some of the patterns also claim 'Its the Jet Age'. Amongst my mother's stash is a few balls of this futuristic yarn (also mothproofed)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home